[vdr] VDR, LAN, HDDs & automessages

Hi all,

My actual VDR Box will be using two HDDs. One 40 gig
which contains Linux, VDR & Plugins and has a video
directory. Primary recording is done on this disk. A 2nd
60 Gig HDD will also be running. I would like to do the
following:

When the 40 gig HDD is almost full, VDR should (automatically)
move all the (only the pre cut if possible) recordings to the 60
Gig hdd. Only if the 60gig Hdd is full, should VDR start to delete
some (if possible only uncut) older recordings (this should never
happen as I also want to implement:).

Secondly when the 60 gig starts getting full (say 60%) is it possible
for VDR to send me a message (automatically) to my LAN
connected Windows machine? This should be sent once per VDR
start as long as the 60 gig hdd holds more than say 50% of it`s
capable data.

Is the possible ? How ;o))

To reduce noise levels, I would like to shut down the 60 gig as
long as there is no data being transferred. Is there a program
running on Linux which allows the user to control the spin up
and down of a hdd?

Greetz,
Reinhard