[vdr] Re: DXR3 reliable?

On Thu 24 Oct, Stefan.Schluenss@gmx.de bloviated thus:

> Good work, but it describes the problems and hints using xine/mplayer
> together with the dxr3.
> The vdr-plugin uses it's own decoding sheme and was not bundled with mplayer

That's right.

> or xine. So we have to dig deep into the mpeg specification to get a good
> a/v sync.
> But we look forward to get a running version soon (maybe with some replay
> problems which will be fixed afterwards)

I don't think you can reliably solve this problem for everyone.  There
are just too many variables, although with VDR you can reliably
control some of them (file format, for example).  If people want to
use a soundcard output instead of the built-in soundcard of the dxr3
(as I do), you end up with an unknown amount of delay.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon@rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most
  of the time he will pick himself up and continue on."
- Winston Churchill

-- Attached file included as plaintext by Listar --