[vdr] Re: FIX: switching APID (was vdr 1.1.13 and patch for recording encrypted channels)

Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

> On 24 Oct 2002 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:
>
> > Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
> >>
> >> Don't try to switch the audio while recording, this will ruin
> >> your recording. I don't see a easy solution for this, may be we
> >> should disable audio switching while recording on the primary
> >> interface?
> >
> > I guess that's true.
>
> Thinking about it, we only have to disable audio switching during
> recording of _encrypted_ channels. FTA channel should be fine, as
> they are viewed in transfer mode during recording anyways.

That is correct.

> >> I also noticed that switching the audio stream doesn't works, if
> >> you are watching a channel in transfer mode. Is this intended?
> >
> > I believe I tested transfer mode and it worked just fine when switching
> > audio channels. I'll test it again.
>
> Well, as (from devbdevice.c)
>
>   else if (StartTransferMode)
>      cControl::Launch(new cTransferControl(this, Channel->Vpid(), Channel->Apid1(), 0, 0, 0));
>
> doesn't pass the second APID and cDvbDevice::SetAudioTrackDevice()
> have no treatment for transfer mode, it can't work.
> SetAudioTrackDevice() would have to pass the request to the
> transfering device or notify the cTransferControl to use the
> other APID if passed on creation.

Ah, I only tested it with Transfer Mode fron an _other_ DVB card.
See the cControl::Launch() call in device.c. Just add the other PIDs
to the cControl::Launch() call in dvbdevice.c accordingly and it should work.

Klaus