[vdr] Re: DXR3 reliable?

Hi,

On Friday 25 October 2002 12:08, Andreas Schultz wrote:
> On Friday 25 October 2002 12:04, Andreas Mair wrote:
> > On Friday 25 October 2002 11:21, Andreas Schultz wrote:
> > [...]
> >
> > > BTW: The same problem exists with all the dvd libs, thats the reason
> > > you are not getting any meaningfull error reporting there.
> >
> > Would it be possible to display status information when starting DVD
> > playback? I think of something like: "opening DVD", "finding DVD key",
> > "no DVD in drive"
>
> partly, "opening DVD" and "no DVD in drive" - yes, "finding DVD key",
> "authorizing to DVD failed" and "changing RegioCode on drive to xxx" -
> sorry, no way with the current libs

OK, that would be enough. Maybe some little animation (a blinking OSD line
would be enough) until playback starts, because sometimes the screen stays
black for a very long time and one does not know if vdr works or hangs (just
thinking of my brother-in-law whom I'll have to build a VDR box too - he
won't know what's going on).

Andreas