[vdr] Re: DXR3 reliable?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andreas Mair" <Andreas.Mair@linogate.com>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2002 12:21 PM
Subject: [vdr] Re: DXR3 reliable?

> OK, that would be enough. Maybe some little animation (a blinking OSD line
> would be enough) until playback starts, because sometimes the screen stays
> black for a very long time and one does not know if vdr works or hangs
(just
> thinking of my brother-in-law whom I'll have to build a VDR box too - he
> won't know what's going on).

I have that problem with my parent's VDR-box, too (one DVB-S Rev. 1.3).
It's also in the MP3-plugin (also VDR.1.0.x with AIO).
When starting CDaudio- or DVD-disc-access you have to press F3 to access the
disc (it's "Blättern" in MP3-plugin).
As it is in different plugins from various authors, it seems to be some
"feature" in the main VDR.

Rene