[vdr] Re: summer / wintertime: 24h-recording

On Sunday 27 October 2002 20:05, Uwe Heinrich wrote:
> Hi,
> I found something nice:
> recording from epg: start 2:30 am (dst) end 3:14 am (dst) or 2:14 am
> ( in winter time)
>
> Unfortunately, I didn't check the timer- in fact it was an
> autotimer-event.
>
> Imagine what happened?
> Right: when I switched the screen on- the recording already had over
> 17h. And vdr did it's job well: it deleted some "older"
> recordings....
>
> OK- basically it's my fault, but is there a way to avoid such nice
> things? Is this something for me- as user or can the os or vdr help
> me?

RTFM.
If you don't like that vdr deletes old recordings, you have to set the
lifetime of the recording(s) to 99.
For new recordings the Default lifetime can be specified in
Setup-Recording...

@Klaus: Wouldn't it be better to use 99 as the 'factory setting'?

Oliver