[vdr] Re: A: How to build a silent VDR

Am Friday 11 October 2002 23:31 schrieben Sie:
> Hi
>
> Am Freitag, 4. Oktober 2002 20:38 schrieben Sie:
> > Phew, take a look at my little "HowTo build a silent VDR". Currently the
> > HowTo covers only the case-modifications. Etherboot and NFS-root are
> > http://www.dercasa.de/wissenschaft/bastelecke/vdr/index.html
>
> I was really pleased about this solution.

Thanks. Yesterday I had an idea about a fancontrol which works like a
fancontrol inside a notebook. Simply switch on the fan if the temperature
gets too high. I'll work on a circuit next week. You will find it on my
homepage at the end of the next week.

> As i am also going to build a vdr with debian, i'd like to know what debian
> release you've been using and what problems you experienced.

I'm using Debian Woody 3.0 stable. And I had no problems with it. Sure, I've
compiled the newest vanilla-kernel from kernel.org.

> Currently i'm mostly a heulsuse 7.3, but debian would be nice. I tested an
> installation with deb3.0 on a older system and was happy about the lean
> system, though i wasnt able to make my soundcard working :-((.

Sorry, but I can't help you with your soundcard problem. But everything runs
on Debian as fine as on the latest SuSE. But sometimes you have to do some
hard work by hand...

> Googling for vdr and debian only brought outdated infos. Could you tell me
> if there is any active project?

Hehe, my project is an active project! :-) I've never goggled for any other
Debian/VDR projects.