[vdr] "De" scaring Klaus or the DVB powersupply

Hi Klaus, all,

K>Driving a motor must require quite a current - drawing this
K>out of my DVB-S card would really scare me...

I had a look at the ICs, which are responsible for the LNB & line
voltage generation:

The LNBP10 is the secondary LNB powersupply. The interesting
specs are:

- Overload: thermal & short circuit protected (15ms)
- Can handle 14W and is able to supply a maximum current
   of 900mA cont.

The primary voltage generator (22V) ist the LM2577. This chip can
handle 3A cont. current and peaks of up to 6A. All in all the DVB is
technically quite capable of running a diseqc 1.2 motor. Hope this
info takes away some of the shock you had ;o))

Greetz,
Reinhard