[vdr] vdr2divx suggestions ? (poll)

Hi,

at the moment i consider writing a complete new version (2.0) of my vdr2divx
scripts, maybe in c++.
It should contain all the features and automatism the 1.6.0 pre1 (to be more
precisely the 1.6.0 pre2 , which wasn't released yet) has.

However it should be configurable via 2divx.conf and act fully automatically,
just as current vdr2divx does. But beside this one should be able to override
these setting via commandline or via JobQ temporarily (e.g. for one encoding)
- this was suggested long ago, but with current implementation this is rather
hard to do... :-( So major restructuring is needed, that's why i think of a
complete re-write from scratch...

So what's the features of current version ?
or search the VDR mail archives for 2divx announcements ;-)

And what's the "new" features of the currently unreleased 1.6.0pre2 ?
+It's able to copy the summary.txt to a name_of_the_destination_avi.txt file
to preserve the movie information (maybe useful in the future !?)
+Now a pre conversion check of the source is done, to find stream errors and
invoke PVAstrumento to repair them (very experimental at the moment - not
sure if i keep this)
+Of course the latest PVAstrumento version is supported (multiple input file
support, etc.)
+no need to use external muxing tools since latest PVAstrumento is able to
create PS

Okay, as said above the new rewritten version should feature all things from
latest 1.6.x version - however if anyone has suggestion for new features or
ideas, it would be nice to hear from you !
I hope you understand since i'm in my planing state it's rather easy to
implement new features.... So if you ever had ideas for new features, but
were afraid to ask, it's the right time *NOW* ;-)

btw: Any ideas about a NEW name for vdr2divx ? Once i "invented" the first
version, divx was the only codec supported. Today i support divx4/5, xvid and
libavcodec (ffmpeg) - so vdr2mpeg4 or something might be more convenient ?
Suggestions also welcome...

However don't be too enthusiastic about the "new" version, it may take quite a
time ;-)

Looking forward to hear from you,

Martin.