[vdr] RE : Re: vdr2divx suggestions ? (poll)

> - What about displaying the current status of vdr2divx via
> vdr plugin? For example: "movie 1: in progress, 20% done"
> "movie 2: on queue"
> - And last but not least defining special options for a
> specific movie without starting 2divx manually (like AC3
> on/off or vbitrt), perhaps via osd too?

I like those 2 ideas.
But also, I would like to see in 2divx some kind of "profiles" for
target DIVX files.
Like "full quality" (for movies), "medium quality" (for series),
"internet quality" (to share).
This is not limited as we can imagine a lot of other profiles. This will
be easier compared to set various mencoder options using the OSD.
Plus I really love just to press 1 key (well 2 or 3) on the remote to
encode a divx movie.
Also, having a preview (on 1 minute) could be nice.
So converting a vdr recording to divx will look like:
- Choose the recording to convert (Plugin)
- Choose the target profile (Plugin)
- Preview (immediate) and/or Encode (in a queue) to DivX (Plugin+shell
script)
- Monitor the job(s) in the queue (Plugin)

The way 2divx works now (job enqueued just after VDR cutting) is not
really efficient IMHO as I don't always want to convert to DivX after a
cutting process.
Rather than re-coding the whole thing, I would prefer to see a plugin to
control/monitor and a shell script to do the job. This way, if mencoder
changes (and it will :) ), no need to bother fixing/recompiling.
Well, just my whishes, I'm already happy with what I have.

Anyway, keep up the good job. I use your script every day!

Olivier.