[vdr] Re: Re : what is the status of DVB subtitles?

On Sat, 2 Nov 2002, Patrick GUENEAU wrote:

> You can Ask Antti Lammi ; he planned to use this code to write a Plugin
> for the latest VDR version. I don't know if he has done something yet.

I'm sorry, I haven't had time to do anything after first two weeks for
this project. ;-(

If somebody has more time and want to take a programming lead in this
teletext subtitles plugin project, I'm more than happy to help
programming/testing.

I want to point out that teletext subtitles are DIFFERENT than used in
finnish national broadcaster YLE, who transfer subtitles as bitmaps. But
in this I have a problem; I can't even receive the PID where the subtitles
are. Maybe a demux problem?

Teletext subtitles are used in Finnish cable networks, Canal+ and TV1000
among the channels.