[vdr] Re : what is the status of DVB subtitles?

Hello,

I have done some work on subtitle support. It is working with VDR
version 1.0.4 and old DVB driver (the one that should be used with this
version of VDR).

You can find the latest patch at this address
http://pgu.free.fr/vdr-1.0.4-subtitles-0.4-PATCH.gz

For the moment, I have no time or plan to implement a plugin for the
latest VDR version.

But this version is working safely on my configuration (mostly recording
subtitles and 'thread part' when replaying as I don't use OSD) and seems
to be now quite stable enough.

The problem I had was no support to alternate audio Pids with French
SECA cards and ASTON CAM using Convergence driver.

Now the problem I have is I found a way to record 'Original Version'
audio Pid (using John Williams Patched driver) But I loose latest VDR
support and NEWSTRUCT driver.

You can Ask Antti Lammi ; he planned to use this code to write a Plugin
for the latest VDR version. I don't know if he has done something yet.

Anyway, If someone wants to improve and stabilize this code, feel free
to do it.

Regards,
Patrick Gueneau