[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.1.15

Norbert Schmidt wrote:

> Am Sonntag, 3. November 2002 17:05 schrieben Sie:
> > VDR developer version 1.1.15 is now available at
>
> Hi Klaus,
>
> I am using each version of vdr-1.1.* since 10 for all day
> use and I too didn't loose anything. ;-)
>
> One question:
> I have customized my Pronto in order to use the direct
> access button. Works great so far. But ...(as always ;-))
>
> The PLAY button only works if I am already watching a
> recording (f.e. starting again from pause). The button
> itself doesn't START the recording marked in the recordings
> menu. I think this would be the most logical function of
> this button ?

Well, I thought about this when implementing the new keys,
but then I thought that the most logical key to select a recording
from a menu would be the "Ok" button ;-) But I can of course make
the "Play" button select a recording to be played in the menu, too.
However, this would make the Play button depend on the current menu
mode - I'm not sure if there wouldn't be a loud uproar from others,
who always requested "modeless" keys...

> BTW, you decided to introduce two buttons for ffwd and frew.
> Will there be buttons for skip-fwd and skip-rew too?

Will do.

> One request:
> I have been testing several plugins and was always wondering
> why I couldn't select the plugins that should start the
> next time in the setup-menu. It is not that comfortable to
> always edit the vdr-start-script with the new -P parameter.
> My suggestion is to show all plugins in the plugins-menu
> that are shown if you do vdr --help.
> Two standard parameters should be possible for each plugin:
> 1) Start plugin? and 2) Startparameters (if neccessary).
> What do you think?

That's not the way plugins are meant to be used. It is meant
to work in a way that you select your plugins when you start VDR, and
then these are "there" all the time. If you want to restart VDR with
a different set of plugins, I suggest you set up some entries in your
'commands.conf' which modify your VDR start script (or a file read
by that script).

Klaus