[vdr] Re: AW: [linux-dvb] Re: AW: Re: Newest CVS driver: still unable tochange volume with DVB-C

Frenchstylistics@gmx.li wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>Please take a look in driver/av7110/av7110.c, around line 4817. There
>>the MSP3400 is initialized. Then watch around near the audio settings
>>for the other chips, then you should be able to find out what the
>>problem is...
>

> I took a look at it, but it's rather complicated. It works on a TT rev.
> 2.1 card but not on the orginal Siemens one with analog module on it
> (don't know which revision this is called). So there has to be a routine
> to be implemented to distinguish the two. I have only the card that
> doesn't work at the moment, so it would be better that somebody with the
> two cards have a look at it. I fear changing something that could
> trouble the TT driver section...

Distinguishing the two is realized by checking the subsystem_vendor id.
It can be handled the same way in the mixer code. If you want to clean
this up you could rewrite the ADAC code to use function pointers, the
function pointers can get initialized at card initialisation.

I fear you have to do this on your own, there are only a few people out
there who own this card, and even less who have both the old Siemens and
the new Hauppauge.

>>AFAIK the MSP3400 datasheet is available online, use google to
>>find it.
>

> Unfortunately the website hosting the data sheets is down at the moment.

Contact me if you can't get the datasheet, I think I have it somewhere
on my disk but I don't know where. If you can't find it I can look for
it again.

Some sample code you can find in
/usr/src/linux/drivers/media/video/msp3400.c

Holger