[vdr] AW: Kernel: av71100:ARM crashes

Hi Sven and others,

I´m the owner of a SS40 since a couple of weeks.

Before this nice box, I had for several months an old PC (Pentium 200 without MMX) with a 80 Gig Maxtor running as VDR.
Because it was a very old Desktop, I wanted to have a new Box for my living room.

Here are my observations:

I took the old HD in my SS40 and: nothing worked.
some research: Jérôme Kieffer (http://islay.dyndns.org/taz/index.html) describes, how to run Linux on a SS40: boot option pci=bios,biosirq
I don´t know, if this is also important for the SS50, my SS40 has a so called MuTiol-Bus, so that the PCI bus cant´t be reached on the normal way.

After some trial with SuSE 7.2, 7.3 and 8.0 (all of them were not able to switch off my box, and as a Windows-clicker I was not able to get ACPI to work), i got SuSE 8.1 with Kernel 2.4.19 ( now my machine can be powered off).

VDR 1.04 runs stable as a rock with this machine with two cards (DVB-S 1.3 and NOVA-S, driver from Klaus and also other drivers, plain vanilla VDR 1.04 and also with AIO, DVD, MP3 and so on).

I´ve not yet tried VDR 1.1.15 (none of the developer versions) nor the NEWSTRUCT or HEAD driver, this will be my next step, when nvram-Wakeup runs.

BTW: ARM-crash: did you run makedev.napi?

Greetings
Stefan Haddick