[vdr] Re: mplayer as display backend

At Friday 08 November 2002 12:56 barry wrote:
> Hi peeps, just trying to find out if there was any further work done on
> this, as searching through the list archives I was able to find mention
> (from may) of doing something to have mplayer displaying the stuff vdr
> is doing (so a real card with output wouldn't be required, and we could
> get by with budget cards and vga/fbdev/Xv/SDL/whatever output). I got
> hold of a Nova-T this week and everything seems to be working (dvbstream
> piped to mplayer displays exactly what I'd expect) but it'd be really
> nice to have vdr going too, letting me display it in this way.

I'm currently working on a plugin streaming a VDR channel over the network
(works locally, too, of course). Currently the data can be streamed into
a shell script, over a simple tcp-based connection, or via RTP multicast.

What you are suggesting is not fully possible yet, but I am still working
on a solution to follow the channel movements, maybe even display the osd
(??) or other plugin's output (???).

Greetings,
Sascha Volkenandt