[vdr] Re: mplayer as display backend

On Fri, 2002-11-08 at 12:48, Sascha Volkenandt wrote:
<snip stuff about piping output>

> I'm currently working on a plugin streaming a VDR channel over the network
> (works locally, too, of course). Currently the data can be streamed into
> a shell script, over a simple tcp-based connection, or via RTP multicast.
> What you are suggesting is not fully possible yet, but I am still working
> on a solution to follow the channel movements, maybe even display the osd
> (??) or other plugin's output (???).

actually, I'm currently trying to make use of your stream plugin (I'm
using DEBUG_OSD, so I can at least see what I'm trying to do without the
picture itself) and it segfaults when I try select "Start Streaming"
nomatter which of the modes it's in, unicast, multicast, ffserver, fixed
channel, follow channel etc, at least if I was able to use this I could
unicast to localhost and have mplayer output what I want

--
-   -