[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-dxr3-0.1.0

Malcolm Caldwell <malcolm.caldwell@ntu.edu.au> schrieb am 11.11.2002,
05:19:22:
> Guys,
>
> Just a quick couple of questions.
>
> On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 05:38, Stefan Schluenss wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > i would like to anounce a new version of the DXR3-plugin which allows
> > using a DXR3/Hollywood+ (MPEG2-Decoder) card as a primary interface.
> >
> > This might be interresting for people who wants to build a vdr system while
> > their budget is limited.
> >
> > WHAT'S WORKING SO FAR:
> > - Live viewing (of course)
> > - Reply Recordings
> > 	- Start/Stop
> > 	- Fast forward/backward
> > 	- Jump forward/backward
> >
> > WHAT'S NOT WORKING:
> > - Limited OSD colors
>
> Is there a solution to this?  Can the SPU OSD be made to display more
> colors?
Yes, it can. But due to my limlited time it is currently not (yet)
implemented.
As you might know, the OSD is defined with 2 Bpp. Each of these four
colors could be mapped to a palette with 16 entries. Therefore normaly
only four colors are available.
But the SPU format allows the definition of highlight regions which have
its own mapping to the palette. If the different color usage is limited
to bigger regions (like in VDR) one could define such highlight regions
were it is needed.

> > - Slow-motion during replay currently not implemented
> >
> > For more information and download look at:
> > http://www.schluenss.de/DXR3.html
>
> So, can anyone tell me:
>
> What are the major difference/limitations of a dxr3/nova system compared
> to a full card system?
- Viewing encrypted channels is only possible with DVB-s card.
- More system load due to continious transfer mode (but not too much)

> How good is the AV sync?
I have no problem with that.

> > Spezial thanks to Kai Moeller, who has spend much time to get the A/V in sync
> > and Andreas Schultz who has initiated this plugin.
> >
> > Have fun
> > Stefan

Greetings
Stefan.