[vdr] Re: Using RCMM IR protocol with Nexus possible?

Jörg Knitter wrote:
> I installed VDR 1.1.15 with the NEWSTRUCT drivers and the remote
> plugin. It is no problem to use the Nexus IR receiver with the RC5
> codes/protocol, even with my aldi universal rc control that has a lot
> of more keys...
> But unfortunately, my TV set uses exactly the same IR codes as the
> nexus does - and the ones of the TV set can´t be switched.
>
> So my idea is to use the RCMM protocol on the nexus (as I like the
> little IR receiver of the Nexus, I want avoid to build an LIRC
> receiver. On the other hand, I don’t want to buy a new TV set now
> :-))
>
> Does anyone know if the IR receiver of the Nexus does support this
> protocol or if this is just works for the Siemens Activy 'version' of
> the nexus? I tried several codes from my Aldi universal remote for
> Siemens and Galaxis devices (and Marantz and Phillips for RC5), but
> none than the 'original' RC5 codes seemed to work.

I don't know, whether RCMM works with the Nexus 2.1,
but maybe the following will help you to find out...

The remote control codes will only be passed to the driver if you select
correct values for protocol and inversion setting.
Furthermore, the codes will only be passed to the event interface
(remote control plugin) if you load a correct keymap.
Otherwise, the remote plugin will receive *no* key codes at all!

Try to enable debugging in DVB/driver/av7110/Makefile by adding
"av7110_ir_debug=1" to the "insmod dvb-ttpci.o" line.
By observing debug output you will notice, if you got the correct
protocol and inversion settings, even if the keymap is wrong.

Once you have found a valid protocol/inversion setting, it should be
easy the construct a keymap from scratch using the debug output.

> Or did anyone get the Nexus IR receiver to work with LIRC and
> different IR codes (using the remote plugin and running VDR 1.1.x
> with NEWSTRUCT drivers)?

It should be no problem to use the receiver with different codes.
You just have to build your own keymap...

Oliver