[vdr] Re: Problem with recording on secondary device

dpfist@mail.rz.fh-aalen.de wrote:

> Since I changed to vdr-1.1.15 and the HEAD Driver (I use snapshot from
> 06.11) I have the problem that I can't record the channel RTL2 on my
> WinTv Nova. But this only happens when I do a recording of a encrypted
> channel on my Primary Device (a Revision 1.3 )simultaniesly in this
> case its the channel Premiere Serie. When I check the record later
> there is no RTL2 but another channel called TW2 or similar. When I no
> restart vdr during the recording, switch to RTL2 before the recording
> starts, all wents well and RTL2 will be record on secondary device.
> I tested this behavior in different conditions with and without
> plugins and or patches every time the same. I tried to reprogram the
> timer, but always the same problem. I don't tried yet to deactivate
> diseqc but this is the next on my todo list tonight.
>
> My System is
> Suse Linux 8.1
> on an ATHLON XP 1700+ on a Epox 8KHA+
> A Galaxy DVB-S Rev. 1.3 + WinTV Nova-S with schared LNB (but this was
> not a problem before)
>
> I hope someone can help me

I just tried this and it worked fine. The only difference here may be the
sequence of the DVB cards. I have

0: Siemens DVB-S rev 1.3
1: WinTV NOVA-S
2: Siemens DVB-S rev 1.3 with CAM

I started VDR with '-D1 -D2' and made the DVB-S with the CAM my primary device.
Then I started recording 'Premiere Serie' and created a new timer that recorded
'RTL 2'. Both recordings went just fine.

Klaus