[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-stream-0.1.0

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sascha Volkenandt" <mailbot1@wat.willz.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 12:02 AM
Subject: [vdr] ANNOUNCE: vdr-stream-0.1.0

> Hello List,
>
> I've released a new version of the streaming plugin on:
>
> http://www.magoa.net/linux
>
> with version number 0.1.0, I'd like to intoduce an official "unstable"
> branch of the streaming plugin, while I'd consider the versions before
> as "alpha". Unicast and Multicast streaming in Fixed Channel Mode are
> reported to work now.

What about a multistream mode, which provides ALL channels as multicasts
after the following sheme:

IP:(port+channel-number)

e.g. 192.168.1.1:2006 when IP-adress is 192.168.1.1, port is 2000 and RTL is
channel six.
or   192.168.1.1:6515 when IP-adress is 192.168.1.1, port is 6500 and RTL is
channel fifteen.

Of course, this would flood the network and block all DVB-receiver-devices.

Because of this the plugin would have to listen whether clients are
connected to the ports and only start streaming by using the recording
function of VDR when there is at least one client. The recording function
should be started with standard-priority -1 to prevent timers being
suppressed.

Comments?

Rene