[vdr] Re: Remote recommendations? (UK)

The type of remotes that you can use with your IR receiver vary depending on the type of IR sensor used. Normally any TV/VCR/DVD remote should be supported. I use it successfully with the standard hauppauge remote, my sony tv/vcr remote, my creative audigy remote and my One for all remote
In short, if you plan to use a different remote for every device (and to spend little money), simply borrow a remote from an unused/not working anymore device. If you want more control (and want to spend more money) then go for a programmable multidevice remote (One For all has a web site at : http://www.oneforall.co.uk , I have a Topline 8 remote, a little expensive, but can be extended / programmed through a parallel interface).
If you want both (cheap and flexible) , then there was a thread going around on this list about a multidevice (not programmable) remote sold in Germany for about 10 Euros that could support four or five different devices (I paid my Topline 8 remote about 100 Euros, just to give you a comparison term).

Have fun

Mattia