[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-dxr3-0.1.0

In message <200211102108.38115.stefan.schluenss@gmx.de>
          Stefan Schluenss <stefan.schluenss@gmx.de> wrote:

> i would like to anounce a new version of the DXR3-plugin which allows
> using a DXR3/Hollywood+ (MPEG2-Decoder) card as a primary interface.

Hi,

I've finally managed to get my Nova-t and Dxr3 up and running with VDR and
your plugin.  It's great!

I've only got a few niggling problems with the plugin, mainly to do with the
OSD.  I realise that there cannot be many colours at the moment, but
sometimes the size/scale/position goes really wrong, and I have to change
channels once or twice for it to sort out.

Oh, and I'd like to see the ability to display 16:9 as 14:9 on a 4:3 TV.  Is
this down to VDR, the Dxr3 plugin, or the Dxr3 driver?!

Displaying 16:9 on a 4:3 TV is a bit wasteful, as the black bars are huge.
It's better to drop a tiny bit of the left/right-hand side, in my opinion.
My Pace DTVA (UK DVB-t STB) implements this and it's *very* good.

--
Richard.

"I need a fix 'cause I'm going down.  Down to the bits that I left uptown."