[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: vdr-dxr3-0.1.0

In message <200211241512.34210.stefan.schluenss@gmx.de>
          Stefan Schluenss <stefan.schluenss@gmx.de> wrote:

> On Sunday 24 November 2002 15:00, you wrote:
>
> > I've only got a few niggling problems with the plugin, mainly to do with
> > the OSD.  I realise that there cannot be many colours at the moment, but
> > sometimes the size/scale/position goes really wrong, and I have to change
> > channels once or twice for it to sort out.
>
> Both limitations are already mentioned on the dxr3-plugin homepage ;-)

Yeah, that's why I didn't send a formal 'bug' email!  :-)

I just wanted to inform the world that it's working pretty well for me.
No-one else seems to have commented on the plugin.  Is this the 'correct'
place for discussion?

> Nevertheless we are working hard on both problems. We have done some
> rescaling for the OSD (but not yet released).

That's fantastic!  I'll be keeping an eye on the Dxr3-plugin home page!

> The color limitation is a little bit harder to fix - we need some more
> time to  get a solution.

OK.

> > Oh, and I'd like to see the ability to display 16:9 as 14:9 on a 4:3 TV.
> > Is this down to VDR, the Dxr3 plugin, or the Dxr3 driver?!
>
> I don't know whether the DXR3 can scale 16:9 to 14:9. Maybe we should ask
> the  DXR3 developer.

Ah, right... so it's something that the driver would have to provide?  I'll
send a mail to the Dxr3 driver list.

Thankyou,
--
Richard.

"Cellophane flowers of yellow and green.  Towering over your head."