[vdr] Re: Remote recommendations? (UK)

On Sun, 24 Nov 2002 16:15:25 GMT, Richard Walker
<runnyhunny@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> In message <vtq1uuoivoo2n5dpjeo4i3ngogbrlkntsv@4ax.com>
>           Emil Naepflein <Emil.Naepflein@philosys.de> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 24 Nov 2002 14:10:41 GMT, Richard Walker
> > <runnyhunny@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >
> > > So those 'oneforall' remotes I see in the high street are probably OK?
> > > I guess I'll just have to find one with all the buttons I want.  One
> > > designed for controlling a TV and VCR should do, I guess.
> >
> > I use the OneForAll Digital 4 which has the advantage to have distinct
> > buttons for menu navigation, channel select, vcr controls and the 4
> > color buttons.
>
> Excellent, thanks.  I'll see if I can find one of those from a supplier
> here.  I notice that it's not listed on www.lirc.org/remotes  Have you made
> your own lircd.conf file for it?

I just selected an arbitrary device code which has codes programmed to
most of the keys. I then reprogrammed the not functional keys and keys
with duplicate codes to specific ir codes with the Magic key. You should
be careful not to select a device code which controls other equipment.
:-) I then learned all the keys into lirc and then into vdr.

I can provide you the lirc.conf but that would be not of much help
unless you program your remote to the same codes. So I assume it would
be better to do the complete programming yourself.

Emil