[vdr] Re: AW: Re: What CAM to use for Premiere

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:59:11 +0100
"Christian Jacobsen" <christian.jacobsen@stageholding.de> wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> thanks for the many answers :))
>
> So if I get it right - here : http://www.linuxdvb.tv/documentation/cim.html
> I read that the Irdeto Allcam 4.6 and 4.7 is the most tested. But that it
> does not work after Replay (presume that means playing recorded movie). That
> is not so god news.

.. and on top of that you should also be aware that there are some versions of the CI module that aren't even recognized by the linux driver. I have a rev 2.1 card (actually two) and a CI module (actually two :() that has a rev 1.6 version printed on the PCB and I cannot get the linux drivers to use it (tried with drivers 0.9.3 0.9.4- April to June 2002).
The only way I can actually see my (two) aston (seca 1-2) CAMs is to use the modified 0.9.4 driver (http://www.linuxdvb.tv/driver/) and the newest firmware from the technotrend windows drivers. This way I can use a small c program included in the alternate driver to communicate with the cam, but VDR is not even able to tune.
My solution, for now, is to stick with the FTA channels and hope that one day someone will write a firmware with _decent_ CI+CAM support .....
Just my 0.02 Euro

Mattia