[vdr] AW: Re: What CAM to use for Premiere

Hallo,

thanks for the many answers :))

So if I get it right - here : http://www.linuxdvb.tv/documentation/cim.html
I read that the Irdeto Allcam 4.6 and 4.7 is the most tested. But that it
does not work after Replay (presume that means playing recorded movie). That
is not so god news.

Can somebody confirm that this still is true with 1.1.17 and the new drivers
? Or is the situation better now ?

And as far as I have read here I am told that MagicModule is possibly
illegal :( :

>>> Should I go for a MagicCard ? Does it work with VDR ? And in
>>> which Version ?
> you mean the MagicModule?
> they does not sell it anymore because of "problems" with SCM, beside this
> you would need a (imho not leagal) firmware to use it

Is it really illegal ? Is sombody using it and what experience do you have
with it ? Does it work better than an Irdeto Allcam ?

And that you need a "special" PW reciever to get a CAM from Premiere does
not help either :(

> >> Ok, that was not clear to me. I thought just being a
> subscriber would be
> the
> >> only prerequisite to get one.
>
> I just checked the ordering information which demands a receiver-sn and
> smartcard-sn.
>
> But after reading the declaration of data-privacy I surely won't subscribe
> to PW.

So if I don't hear anything the best bet at the moment is an Iredeto Allcam

Thanks again :)
Christian