[vdr] Re: slow reacting remote control

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 08:54:02 +0100, Markus Manninger
<manning2@knapp.com> wrote:

> Maybe some of you allready tried different kind of remote controls for
> VDR - I had to do because i didn't find a well working unit. All Units
> work with lirc-0.6.6 but the reaction in the vdr-software is realy bad.
> I can't believe that the reason is just the hardware because all units
> send signals as you can see (xmode2). The Signals are different but they
> are there -> see http://www.8ung.at/mmax/remotes.html
>
> Is there a reason why the reaction is so different?
> And could anyone give me an advice which remote control works very good?

Are you sure that the remote control is the problem?
Slow or no remote reaction also occurs when the machine is under high
load, i.e. doing cutting.

Is the reaction also slow when no recording, playback or cutting is
done, i.e. when pressing the menu button?

If the reaction is only slow when there is any disk activity you
probably don't have dma enabled for the harddisk.

Emil