[vdr] Re: Infrared receiver

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jörg Knitter" <joerg.knitter@gmx.de>
> The reason why I still did not build a homebrew receiver and look for
> a built one is:
> 1) (..) But if I put the IR receiver directly into the serial case,
> how does it receiver the signals of my remote if I sit in front
> of the PC and the IR is on the backsite of the PC?
>
> 2) In the Conrad catalogue I did not find any suiteable
> case for the IR receiver like the one of the Nexus IR
> receiver.

Hi,
I've made my own homebrew receiver by placing all components in the case of
the serial connector except the IR receiver unit TSOP 1738, which is mounted
at the end of a (not too long) cable. Instead of unsing a case, i just put
some "shrinking tube" (don't know the exact translation, german:
Schrumpfschlauch) between the TSOP and the cable. This device is smaller as
the Nexus IR receiver.

Greetings,
Christian