[vdr] Re: MP3/MPlayer plugin 0.7.8 available (plugin development)

On Friday 29 November 2002 17:12, you wrote:
> On 24 Nov 2002 Thorsten Schnebeck <thorsten.schnebeck@gmx.net> wrote:
> > Two questions about future development goals:
> > Is it planned to integrate ogg-file playback?
>
> Yes.

Great.

> > I see on libsndfile homepage that ogg-format is a planned feature, but
> > maybe its better to use mplayer also for audio playback(?)
>
> I planed to use the ogg libs directly, but I don't like the idea
> to use mplayer.

Even greater

> > Second question has to do with Klaus' announcement that plugins can use
> > the OSD for user interaction/information. It would be really nice if your
> > great plugin could use OSD and keys for thinks like "song plays" "next
> > song", some visual feedback for keys like shuffle, info about time to
> > play
> > song/playlist..
>
> Did you ever opened the progress display?

The black screen while Playback is boring ;)))))), even with a progress bar ;)
maybe showing some stillpicture would be fine ( there is a test-app in the
driver cvs, maybe this is a starting point ( convert to right resolution ->
use yuvscaler/jpeg2yuv or something to convert to yuv -> mpeg2enc or
something similar -> dvb-card ) I know it was discussed some time ago ;) but
I would love to see this.

> > Oh, and maybe a renaming from MP3 to Audio in the VDR menu would be nice
> > :-))
>
> Maybe, but I don't like to break traditions ;)
:)

Greets

Steffen