[vdr] Re: DXR3, VDR and the system requirements

> > Hi list,
>
> > How fast a processor do I need to run VDR using Hauppauge Nova-T (aka
> > budget DVB-T) and DXR3? IIRC, this combination uses more system resource
> > than a full featured DVB-card, because it uses transfer mode all the tim
> e.
>
> > I have an unused PC (120MHz Pentium, 96Mb of memory) lying around and I
> > was wondering if I could recycle that to build a VDR. With a
> > full-featured card only, this PC should be fast enough to run VDR. But I
> > would really prefer to use Nova-T & DXR3 (Hollywood+ actually), if
> > possible.
> I think this is too slow here i tryed a AMDK6 160mhz and it´s too slow
> a P300 works just fine with the combination Nova-S and DXR3
And if i remember correctly, a 120 MHz Pentium System would be one of the
weakest vdr systems which has (of course) not enough spare power needed for the
DXR3.

> > How stable is this DXR3-plugin, anyway? Does it crash every now and then
> ,
> > like the full-featured card seems to do?
If you ask me (well, one of the author) it works almost good with some
problems (crash) while using the OSD on larger recording lists and a not so
goodlooking OSD (will be fixed in the near future).