[vdr] Problem with vdr + wlan-card

Hello list,

currently I'm upgrading my vdr-box with a wlan-card.
I want to use an Allnet ALL191-PCI-card. This card is based on Prism
2.5. Its built according to the Prism reference design published by the
FCC.

I'm using the same model in my wlan-access-point as well. It's working
without problems.

I tried two different versions of modules to run the card:
- the drivers of the wlan-ng project http://www.linux-wlan.org
- the drivers of the hostap project http://hostap.org

Both drivers provide access point mode. But I use the card in my vdr-box

in managed mode only.

Everything works allright if I DON'T start vdr (but all dvb drivers are
loaded).

Starting up vdr causes heavy problems for networking:
- ping doesn't work correct: nearly every tenth paket is followed by the

message:
  "wrong data byte #.. should be ... but was ..."
- tcp-based connections can't be established
  tcpdump on both sides show problems with the handshake
- /var/log/messages contains: hfa384x_int_rx: Invalid frame type ...
  or
  hfa384x_int_rx: Received frame on unsupported port

I suppose it is a kind of timing problem with the interrupt handler.

My current configuration:
- Kernel 2.4.18
- vdr 1.1.9
- dvb date: 2002-04-01