[vdr] [OT] lirc problem

Hi VDR users,

though my problem is somewhat offtopic for the VDR ML I decided to post
it anyway as many of you are using the same tools like me.
Here goes my problem:

I'm trying to get lirc going. I successfully built the homebrew IR
reciever
(http://vdrnews.de/modules.php?name=Reviews&rop=showcontent&id=1) and
also compiled the lirc package (0.6.5 and 0.6.6). I can see a message
about "low active reciever" in syslog on "modprobe lirc_serial" and
running "mode2" from the lirc package shows reasonable stuff for every
keypress. So far so good.
I'm using the ALDI 8-in-1 remote control with code 773 as suggested by
Andreas Schulz in a posting. Building a lircd.conf with "irrecord -f
/etc/lircd.conf" seems to work but any attempt to use this configuration
fails. After starting lircd's "irw" reports nothing or nonsense. Andreas
also put his conf on a webserver (http://warp10.net/dvd/aldi-773.conf)
but this host isn't reachable for weeks :(

If I use a different remote (e.g. the one from my CD player, which
speaks RC5) I can create successfully a lircd.conf and use it with "irw".

Anyone having the ALDI remote working with his homebrew reciever and
lircd? Any hints are appreciated.

TIA,
Juri