[vdr] Re: @Klaus Schmidinger: Suggestion for -O options in plugin-makefiles

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Schiele" <robert.schiele@t-online.de>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 11:11 AM
Subject: [vdr] Re: @Klaus Schmidinger: Suggestion for -O options in
plugin-makefiles

> On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 03:04:42PM +0100, Rene Bartsch wrote:
> > This is not necessary as linux uses "-O2" by default. But it is quite
>
> This statement is not correct in the general case.  The Intel compiler
> has -O2 as default setting, but gcc does not optimize by default.

Yes, but the Linux-distros use the CFLAGS in kernelsource as system-default
(which I have set to "-O3" to get more performance, especially on my P1 133
and P1 166 boxes). And this is "-O2". So I think we should use the
system-default by removing the "-O"-flags from the Makefiles

If anyone needs another "-O"-flag he can put it into Makefile.conf.

Rene