[vdr] Re: performance: vdr and server

Matejek Bernd wrote:

> I intend to set up vdr on my running server (mail, dial-up, www, file, ...). As I will be DSL-user from January, I have
the following question to you vdr-freaks:

> what is the average performance requirement for vdr on a running server?

I have a vdr system with two active Siemens 1.3 (vdr 1.0.4 / DVB 0.94) with DSL-Gateway and some little services on a
P233MMX with 64MB running in text mode. No problem with timeshift or double recording or watching an cutting. CPU load
ist max. 1.2
Somebody said, that the new vdr 1.1.x eats more ressources. Didn't check this.

  -Andreas

--
Disclaimer - These opiini^H^H damn! ^H^H ^Q ^[ .. :w :q :wq :wq! ^d X^?
exit X Q ^C ^c ^? :quitbye  CtrlAltDel  ~~q :~q logout save/quit :!QUIT