[vdr] Re: Slightly OT: How to share two video directories ?

At 20:23 14.12.2002, you wrote:
>On Saturday 14 December 2002 7:06 pm, Helmut Auer wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Thanks for your suggestions. My solution for now is a script which
> > mounts the video directory of the other video machine to e.g. /mnt/VDR.
> > Then it searches for all directories in this directory and creates links
> > for that in the video directory - excluding the directories which show
> > to the own machine.
> > I hope you understand what I mean, but now it works for me.
>
>I thought VDR supported multiple video directories, called video.001,
>video.002, etc. - surely this would be a more logical way to add the two
>together..
>
>Call the local video directory on each 'video.001' and periodically attempt
>to mount 'video.002'... when the other machine is there, it'll work, etc.
>
>Of course, I could well be wrong...

This should be right. But if you happen to have more free space on
video.002 the "chaos" begins. VDR records its files to the drive wirh the
most freee space at the time of recording. If you have only slightly more
free space on video.0002, vdr  may recorf 001.vdr to video.002 and 002.vdr
to video.001
You'll have symlinks on video.001 to the 001.vdr files on video.002
And if you dimount video.002 in between, you see your recordings but can't
play them... I would not recommend using more than 1 video directory, use
Helmuts approach...
>gdh
>

>--
>Info:
>subject.

Linux, 'cause I reboot less often than Windows users reinstall.