[vdr] DVB-C

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002, [ISO-8859-1] Jaakko Hyvätti wrote:

>On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Jan Ekholm wrote:
>> Ugh, does this mean that a DVB-C card is no good choice at the moment due
>> to lacking driver support? Off I go to cancel my order (good that
>> Technikdirekt.de is so ungodly slow at dispatching orders)...
>
>  I would not say so.  I am using (and more importanlty my wife is using)
>a DVB-C system in our daily recordings, and many more in this list are.
>Everything works fine, but you may have to patch the driver first.

Ok, good to hear.

Is there btw something special with DVB-C cards? I can't seem to
really find them anywhere. Most shops stock the S versions and some the T,
but almost none has the C version, and those that seem to sell it don't
have it in stock.

I've so far only looked at the Hauppauge DVB-C card, I don't really know
of any other ones that would work.

--
"It would seem that you have no useful skill or talent whatsoever," he said.
              "Have you thought of going into teaching?"