[vdr] Re: OT: size of svcd?

Actually VCD and SVD use a different format on the disc than data.
The video/audio Track uses sectors of 2324 byte in contrast to 2048 bytes used with data tracks (i.e. less error correction).
Therefore, you will be able to write appx. 800 MByte of SVCD to an 80min CD-R.

In order to quench the rest you will have to change the compression rate as
resolution and frame rate is fixed to 480x480 interlaced, 29.97Hz (NTSC) or 480x576 interlaced, 25Hz (PAL) with the SVCD standard.

For details have a look at:
http://lea.hamradio.si/~s51kq/V-SVCD-S.HTM

CU,
Christian.