[vdr] VDR on VIA EPIA-M

It appears that MPEG2 decoding on the EPIA-M works fine
(http://forums.viaarena.com/messageview.cfm?catid=28&threadid=26361) with X
and the supplied CLEX drivers (http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=182).

It also appears VIA provides for a matching libdv.so  and videodev.o. Could
it be that libdv based applications could work on the board out of the box,
e.g. MPlayer? Not that would be neat. And how about using VDR with the
provided libraries? Should we now be able to use a VIA EPIA-M board and a
simple decoder-less DVB-S card?

This board has some more pluses:

- second COM port for IR receiver (my first one os busy with the serial
  LCD)
- Floppy port just in case
- IEEE1394 ports for your DV camera. Is anybody working on integrating DV
  camera access and film watching / cutting in VDR? dvgrab produces standard
  avi-1 or avi-2 files so MPlayer should be able to display them.
- USB 2.0 ports

Is anyone working with it?

--
Tell me, O Octopus, I begs,