[vdr] Re: where to place runvdr on suse 8.0

Alexander Damhuis <ad@phonedation.de> wrote:

> there you find a lot of scripts called "startxxx" e.g. Just set up a script
> that has the abilities to start and stop the runvdr.

More specifically, set up a link like Sxx in your preferred runlevel
subdirectory, with a small xx so that it is started early. I tried using
boot.local instead which is called before any runlevel start script, works
fine too. Don't forget to run runvdr in the background. Since it will never
return, your machine will do very strange things (i.e. nothing after
runvdr) otherwise :-)

--
The bogosity meter just pegged.