[vdr] Re: Child protection / access control module

> domolink morocco wrote:
> > @ Klaus , It seems to me that the file channels.conf is locked when VDR
> > is running because the prog accesses to it, do you have any idea about
> > how unlocking the stuff to changes the channel.conf without having to
> > restart the programm ?
>
> VDR reads channels.conf only once, at program start. After that it only
> _writes_ it when one of the channel settings is changed in the "Edit
> channel" menu. The file is not "locked", so you can overwrite it at any
> time. However, VDR will only read it next time it starts. And: you have to
> make sure all the channels that have timers programmed for them in
> timers.conf are present when starting VDR. Otherwise no timers will be set
> at all.
>
> Klaus

1) how does vdr react if channels.conf is write-protected ?
2) is a kill -HUP vdr possible ? (restart of only vdr is otherwise fast enough
I think and runvdr will estart vdr , so for this purpose killall vdr would be
enough.)

For sure this would be only a quick hack ...

Greets

Steffen

--
counter.li.org : #296567.