[vdr] Re: PANIC !!! Cant see fta/ca after using ci

Hi Luis,

> I have tried it, it showns like if the cable was broken
>( No signal from the  sat. I will try another cable,

I thought you could hear the audio? That would speak
against a defective cable.

> but I dont feel this is the problem, although I  would
>like it)

Ack. The only thing else I could think of, is to check
the F-connector and the cable center pin and shielding.
Is there perhaps a stray conductor making an intermediate
short somewhere?

You could also try the following:

Remove the LNB cable at the DVB card and measure
the voltage (at the DVB) from the center pin to the
PC case. Depending on the channel setting you should
see somewhere between 12 and 14 volts or 16 to 18
volts. If you can easily reach the LNB, you could
measure the voltage  there, too.

Do you have anything inbetween the DVB card and the
LNB (multiswitch, Preamp, etc)?

> By the way my CI pcb is version 1.4

Okay, that's the same version I am using and it works
fine with the MM.

BTW: Did you try the original channels.conf?

Greetz,
Reinhard

---