[vdr] Re: PANIC !!! Cant see fta/ca after using ci

Hi Luis,

>> I thought you could hear the audio? That would speak
>> against a defective cable.

>What I heard was the sound of the tuner itself on
>switching channels.

Sorry, misunderstood that. Did you mean a "click" or
something like that? My DVB is quiet when there is
no signal on the line and I switch channels.

>dish was moved so I had no signal; now its fixed, I can
>watch fta

Okay, real good to hear your DVB hardware is okay.

>> Okay, that's the same version I am using and it works
>> fine with the MM.

>Not for me, what I am doing wrong?

>cannot see non fta. I have the mm in the lower
>slot of the CI.

Mine seems to run a little better in the upper slot.

>Yes, I can watch fta. I adden my channels but allways
>the same, I cannot  scrooll trhu non fta, if I switch to
>one manually vdr says channel not available.

Okay this is DEFINATELY NOT a CAM problem. You
will need to tell VDR that you are running a seca cam &
the channels info must match the cam. From memory 801
would be the one to choose for Seca2. Here is a thought
up example channel for the channels.conf (i.e this is NOT
a real seca 2 channel)

Seca2 1:11797:h:S19.2E:27500:511:512,513;515:0:801:10:0:0:0

Unter CICAM you would choose 801 "Orbit Network". Now you
should at least be able to switch to this channel and the CAM
should start working. If you can switch to the channel, but see
nothing, try pulling the CAM (under power, you won't damage
it that way) and re-inserting it (same or different slot)

The idea behind the CICAM adjustment is NOT to tell the CAM
what system it should use, but rather to prevent the user from
switching to an unsupported channel. Say you have a list of ALL
channels available on satellite, but you only own a subscribtion
and a CAM for PW. Channels like VH-1 (Hotbird) or MTV
wouldn't show a picture, obviously, so VDR would jump over
these channels in the channels.conf as there is no sense in
tuning to a channel which you can't decrypt ;o))

Good Luck!

Greetz,
Reinhard

---