[vdr] Re: Patch for New driver + Old Firmware + Remote Control Plugin

Reinhard Walter Buchner wrote:
> > There are not that many different firmare releases.
> > AFAIK all old drivers after April, 15th use the same firmware:
> >
> > 254324 Apr 15  2002 Root
> >    288 Apr 15  2002 Dpram
> >
> > All new drivers use the this firmware (not sure about the date):
> > 254444 Root
> >    288 Dpram

I checked the date: October, 10th for both files.
This is the only version I got.

> Okay here's my data ;o))
>
> Dpram is from October 10th 288 bytes
> Root is from 7th Septmeber and 254444 bytes
>
> This would suggest I have new firmware

Some kind of ... :-)
At least this explains why you don't have to exchange Dpram.

> HOWEVER:
>
> - doing a bit compare of the original Root and my
>    Root shows that they are NOT the same (forgot to
>   check the date of the original firmware)
>
> OE:
> > > If autorepeat does not work, you have a *new* firmware.
>
>  I wrote
>
> > Autorepeat works great!
>
> Yes, autorepeat really works.;o))

If your remote control transmitter has a *built-in* autorepeat
function it will work with old and new firmware.

> >That's overkill. It's sufficient to delete av7110_firm.h. :-)
>
> What exactly is the av7110_firm.h for??

This file is being generated by the fdump tool (see av7110 directory).
fdump simply dumps the contents of Root and Dpram into a C header file.

Oliver