[vdr] Re: Patch for New driver + Old Firmware + Remote Control Plugin

Hi Oliver,

> There are not that many different firmare releases.
> AFAIK all old drivers after April, 15th use the same firmware:

> 254324 Apr 15  2002 Root
>    288 Apr 15  2002 Dpram

> All new drivers use the this firmware (not sure about the date):
> 254444 Root
>    288 Dpram

Okay here's my data ;o))

Dpram is from October 10th 288 bytes
Root is from 7th Septmeber and 254444 bytes

This would suggest I have new firmware

HOWEVER:

- doing a bit compare of the original Root and my
   Root shows that they are NOT the same (forgot to
  check the date of the original firmware)

OE:
> > If autorepeat does not work, you have a *new* firmware.

 I wrote
> Autorepeat works great!

Yes, autorepeat really works.;o))

And to make it even more mysterious:

RWB
> > I haven't tried the RTL problem yet, so I can't say if it is cure for
> > this problem (will test it tonight)

OE
> If you have the RTL problem you definitely have a *new* firmware.

Yes, i tried and yes I have the RTL problem ;o))

>That's overkill. It's sufficient to delete av7110_firm.h. :-)

What exactly is the av7110_firm.h for??
Does the convergence setup extract this info from the Root file?
I.e. is this the "plain" hex code of the firmware? If so, why don't
they just distribute the firmware that way? Just because of size?
I would imagine packing it for distribution and extracting it on
the fly before loading it into the ARM wouldn't take too much
time and should result in about the same size. If one updates via
CVS only the new stuff is downloaded, so as long as the firmware
isn't changed, this wouldn't be a reason either. Or is the reason
maybe just for obscurity?

Greetz,
Reinhard

---