[vdr] Re: Second Audio Channel?

> Christof Soehngen wrote:
> > tonight, i saw a movie on BR3, "In and out". After a few minutes, i
> > noticed a strange voice, describing the scene as it could be seen by the
> > viewer (for example: man enters the room). I switched to cable tv and
> > back to sat, cable didn't have this voice (my vdr has 1sec delay, so i
> > could verify this). So i think this is kind of a second audio broadcast
> > for blind people.
> >
> > Well, a nice feature for blind i think, but personally i would prefer a
> > recording without it. Do you know whether/where i could disable this
> > feature?
>
> Can you determine whether this second voice comes out of both stereo
> channels, or only from one of them? Maybe the tv station did something
> and broadcasted the second voice as the second stereo channel instead of
> an extra audio PID.

this is, in fact, a so called 2-channel-audio. This means channel 1 (Left) has
the "normal" audio, channel 2 (right) is the comment for people wich are blind
or have a weakness of vision...
This is also use often to broadcast 2-languages
(i.E. german on channel 1 and english on channel 2)
Every stereo-tv-set has a function to switch from stereo to channel-1-only
or channel-2-only but unfortunatly the most VDR-users (I think so) have their audio
along a hifi-amplifier wich mostly have a mono-function but not a function for
left os right channel only...
so it could be a nice feature if VDR can do that...

Uwe Weissbach