[vdr] Re: How to use master-timer while xawtv?

> Seems like you have to write a "multiplexer".
>
 >AFAIKS each of the running programs (meantioned above) uses a specific
 >subset of the SVDR-functionality, so there don't seem to be
 >interdependencies.

 >The problem of concurent connections is locking and race conditions.
 >e.g. Master-Timers messes(<g>) with timers. When another program does
 >this at the same time (e.g. vdradmin) you could end up with lost timers
 >and other (more or less) strange things.

Hello,

I have tried adding a second class instance of SVDRP to Interface class.
It is a test I am doing with VDR v1.04.In Interface::GetKey method I
added a call to the second SVDRP instance (without handling MSG command).

I am running vdradmind.pl on standard VDR port (2001) and a patched
tvtime program on port 2002.

The first connection is used for timers/recordings handling
The second one is just for viewing live tv and channel changing

On lock mecanism is not necessary for this kind of 'connection sharing'

I know Klaus is against multiple SVDRP connections. But it is a simple
workaround for me.