[vdr] Re: Little Feature Request

Stephan Bieker wrote:

> I want to suggest two Features. Perhaps, some others find them usefull to.
>
> a) If vdr is actually recording, it would be nice, if it would create a flag
> or temp file, perhaps with the actuall recordings. This would be fine for
> using in own scripts to prevent rebooting/shutdown while recording or when
> one wants to reboot from a remote console. I didn't find a way to check for
> actuall recording. Perhaps i'm blind?!?

You can get that information through the SVDRP command NEXT:

220 video SVDRP VideoDiskRecorder 1.1.20; Sun Dec 29 10:40:36 2002
help next
214-NEXT [ abs | rel ]
214-    Show the next timer event. If no option is given, the output will be
214-    in human readable form. With option 'abs' the absolute time of the next
214-    event will be given as the number of seconds since the epoch (time_t
214-    format), while with option 'rel' the relative time will be given as the
214-    number of seconds from now until the event. If the absolute time given
214-    is smaller than the current time, or if the relative time is less than
214-    zero, this means that the timer is currently recording and has started
214-    at the given time. The first value in the resulting line is the number
214-    of the timer.
214 End of HELP info

> b) A way inside vdr, to prevent shutdown if a flag or file exists. I know,
> this can be done in the vdrshutdown script too ("test blabla"), but i find
> it better, that vdr itself does not shutdown, if such a flag exists. It
> would be best, if this could be done in the configuration with a xyz.file,
> in which one can declare several flags or tempfiles to obey.
>
> Example:
> nopoweroff.conf
> ---
> /video00/JobQ
> /video00/rip
> /home/vdr/.flagpipapo
> ---
>
> and if vdr checks this like "test" and if one of them is true, it will not
> call vdrshutdown (or similar).

I don't see the benefit of that. If you have any complex conditions under which
you want to (not) shutdown, you should handle these in your shutdown script.

Klaus