[vdr] Re: Problems with new plugin VDR

--On Samstag, 1. Februar 2003 11:54 +0100 Tilo Renkl <tilo@diredare.de> wrote:

now I tested VDR 1.1.20 for about three weeks and I must say that it is
not working well:

- When recording an encrypted channel on the second DVB-s, VDR allways
resarts at the beginning of the recording, saying someting about a broken
stream. But when I watch both DVB-s (with kvdr) the picture is very good,
no black picture or something like that.
I've got the same problem - but not only with encrypted channels. But I have to admit that I've always had tuning problems during/after EPG scans with my revision 2.1 Hauppauge card(s). Some time after starting an EPG scan (which runs on the second card if you have more than one), VDR will be unable to tune the channel properly. Consequently, if a recording starts on that card, VDR will restart.

I'm pretty sure that my dish is properly aligned. I've also applied Stefan Huelswitt's patch but it didn't help. At least on my installation, this does not look like a problem of VDR (but instead the driver) to me.

- When replaying a recording, VDR very often hangs after FFW 1 minute with
the yellow key. I have to FFW again, than it is OK.
I've got serious replay problems with VDR 1.1.20 when a recording is running on the second card (dropouts, a/v out of sync, no fast forward/backward possible). Please see the message "replay hickups when recording on second interface" I wrote to the list last week for details (http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/vdr/2003/01-2003/msg00932.html).

With the modified file reader class of the latest VDR 1.1.22, the problem occours less frequently. I'm currently recording a show with VDR 1.1.22 so I will see if the problem is gone completely when replaying a file that was recorded with the latest version of VDR.

hh