[vdr] replay hickups when recording on second interface

Hi,

last weekend, I decided to give the VDR developer version a try. Everything works fine except for audio/video "hickups" during replay when a recording is running on the second card. In this case, the picture will freeze for a friction of a second (most of the time only the lower half) and after that audio and video will be out of sync for 2-3 seconds.

The problem occurs every 16 seconds if I start the replay after the recording and every 32 seconds if I start the replay before the recording (i.e. timer starts while replay running). I'm currently running VDR with DO_REC_AND_PLAY_ON_PRIMARY_DEVICE undefined because the problem is even worse if a recording is running on the card that is performing the playback.

My configuration:

Pentium II @ 300 MHz
IDE hard disk with DMA access turned on
two Rev. 2.1 Hauppauge DVB-s cards on different interrupts
Linux kernel 2.4.18
XFS 1.1 on /video partition
DVB driver snapshot from ftp.cadsoft.de dated 12/08/2002
patched Root
VDR 1.1.20

I don't think there is anything wrong with the recordings I'm replaying because the distortions are not bound to specific frames of a recording. The files also play fine on my PC.

Is anyone out there experiencing the same problem?

Regards,
hh

P.S. Klaus, thank you so much for the plugin design! Now I can finally use just the additional features I want without having compile tons of other stuff that I never use anyway ;-)